- Good for calming mind.
- Improves posture.
- Spine lengthener, shoulder opener.
- Relieves digestive and menstrual issues
- Calms the mind and relieves stress
- Strengthens arms and shoulders while broadening upper back and lengthening the spine
Practice: Start in Down Dog. Bend arms and come onto forearms. Release neck in a straight line with your back. Press through elbows. Hold 45 secs – couple mins.
- Stretches entire front body, arms chest stomach groin psoas thighs and calves
- Improves posture
- Stimulates stomach organs
- Stretches chest and lungs.
- Strengthens our arms, wrists, legs, butts, and abs.
- Stimulates Thyroid Gland (good for those of us with thyroid differences!)
- Increases energy and fights depression
Practice: Start in bridge pose. Press pelvis up. Flip palms face down and plant them next to your shoulders. Press up. Be mindful that feet face forwards and do not turn out (turn out will compress your lower spine). Take 6-8 slow deep breaths. Slowly lower down, mindful of head, roll body in a ball. Roll for recovery.
- Stretches chest and shoulders
- Person to Person contact is healing
- Powerful heart opener and mood booster.
Practice: Sit back to back with a friend. Cactus arms out. Interlock forearms and palms. Take a deep breath. On the exhale, partner b leans backward as partner a leans forward, stretching partner b. Take 3 breaths. Return to upright and repeat to stretch partner a.
This is probably my favorite stretch for shoulder/back pain caused by computer posture. Half eagle, just the arms. It opens you up!
- Powerful shoulder opener
- Stretches between shoulder blades
- Relieves tension and pain
Practice: Standing or sitting, stretch and reach arms up on inhale. Exhale arms extended in front of you. Bend elbows. Lift and wrap right forearm over left. Press palms together. Chin should be straight. Lift elbows while pressing palms. Feel the relief!
I sincerely hope these stretches open up your shoulders! Please incorporate these wonderful asanas into your daily practice. In time you’ll feel more relaxed and loose in your shoulders, and hopefully your emotionally state as well!
Lots of love and light to you, space explorers!